Ambulatory RN Intake Coordinator - Thoracic Surgery Division
Job Number: 65752
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 411006 - CT-Thoracic Surgery
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- L icensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through a course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) is required.
- Three (3) or more years of ambulator y or hospital nursing experience required.
- Experience with cardiovascular-thoracic surgery (CVTS) patients preferred.
- Receives and provides immediate responses to inquiries and patient referrals.
- Establishes immediate relationship between referral sources and clinical providers.
- Determines appropriateness of referral for specific clinical specialty.
- Will require being available for intake calls after regular business hours.
- Assists in determining resources required to provide appropriate and indicated level of care and assures availability of indicated resources prior to acceptance of patient.
- Provides overview of services to be provided during hospitalization to patients, families, payers and referral sources.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient, their family and internal and/or external service providers.
- Develops and implements individualized plan, in conjunction with providers, for patients seeking treatment by facilitation of appointment scheduling, assisting with referral process, providing client education and linking clients with appropriate support services.
- Ensures pertinent current and past history and relevant records are obtained and uploaded into Epic and available for review by providers prior to patient being seen.
- Tracks data regarding intakes and referral sources.
- May participate in patient outreach and marketing efforts.
- Sees patients in clinic as needed and as back up support to ambulatory RNs.
- May initiate surgical case requests as needed to facilitate OR scheduling of patients.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.