Manager Ambulatory RN - Spine Clinic
Job Number: 61564
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 717001 - OBI-Clinic Spine Center
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- BSN required, graduate of NLN approved nursing program.
- Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas required.
- Five (5) years' experience as a registered nurse and two (2) years of management/supervisory experience required.
- American Heart Association BLS certification required.
- Collaborates effectively with Medical Director, faculty, staff and all stakeholders to achieve Health System expectations regarding key strategic and operational objectives including but not limited to productivity, access, quality, and patient experience metrics.
- Responsible for continuous performance improvement to provide quality focused safe patient care.
- Manages daily clinical operations in conjunction with Health System policies and guidelines.
- Define and develops effective roles for licensed nursing personnel, technologists, CMOA's who are directly involved in patient care in the ambulatory setting.
- Meets or exceeds strategic financial goals based upon Health System/Ambulatory Services staffing guidelines and employs most cost effective option in providing appropriate patient care. Utilizes resources in manner which is appropriate and which optimizes resources for benefit of organization and patient outcomes. Identifies and implements efficiency or cost saving ideas. Develops clinic's annual capital and operational budgets with assistance from clinical department, Medical Director, nursing, staff and administration personnel. Completes payroll editing at the end of payroll cycle and maintains attendance records.
- Adheres and facilitates adherence by other personnel to all policies and procedures, ANA's code of ethics, and nationally recognized standards of nursing practice, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews nursing assignments and revises as necessary to meet specific needs of patients and /or to ensure adherence to policies, procedures and to monitor budget objectives. Implements disciplinary interventions, including termination, as appropriate and in compliance with policy.
- Reviews schedule and staffing plan with other personnel to ensure adequate coverage of patient care needs daily. Interviews and makes final decision regarding hiring of all nursing personnel for clinic. Oversees new employee orientation to clinic. Implements disciplinary interventions, including termination, as appropriate and in compliance with policy. Acts as a mentor using coaching and counseling tools to evaluate performance improvement activity. Completes performance reviews and orientation evaluations of nursing personnel and clinical staff. Participates in identification and resolution of staff, physician, patient and/or family complaints.
- Provides direct patient care and/or functions as charge position as needed. Seeks out opportunities to teach and mentor other nursing personnel on formal or informal basis. Collaborates with nursing staff and Ambulatory Services to meet educational needs of current nursing and clinical personnel. Promotes personal and professional growth of all nursing personnel by supervising opportunities for active participation in unit-based activities and appropriate patient care.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.