RN Supervisor - Radiation Oncology Clinic
Job Number: 180000GV
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 427002 - RO-Clinic Radiation Oncology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Three (3) years general nursing experience,
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association required.
- One (1) year of true supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience in hiring/firing; administering disciplinary actions, mentoring, etc.
- Oversees and/or teaches others specialized knowledge and skills necessary to perform techniques and routines in area of specialty. Acts as a preceptor and resource for the department processes.
- Provides operational management of daily patient care services to assure high levels of patient satisfaction with a focus on PACT. Assists in the management of financial, capital, and human resources.
- Assesses, monitors, and evaluates systems for delivery of care. Leads/participates in departmental performance improvement activities and integration of services.
- Assists in development of patient care standards of practice and personnel performance. Ensures services meet established nursing standards of care and quality standards.
- Designs, executes, and delivers effective system of internal controls applicable and in compliance to laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Facilitates teamwork and staff development and staff satisfaction through planned group processes.
- Supervises nursing staff and/or other non-licensed medical or office support personnel. Responsible for recommending hiring, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions in coordination with the Clinic Manager. Ensures that new employees are oriented and trained appropriately.
- Actively works with Ambulatory leadership as the liaison for implementation and monitoring of established documentation standards in the medical record.
- May provide direct patient care.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Perform other duties as required.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.