Safety Specialist II - Biosafety
Job Number: 92205
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 502000 - Safety and Business Continuity
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Assists management in the development of policies and procedures to maintain safety on campus.
- Ensures the safe use of hazardous materials through licensure, registration, and compliance with accepted environmental, health, and safety standards.
- Assist in the development of routine safety surveillance systems. Performs safety inspections, generates reports to communicate results, and tracks items for resolution.
- Identifies potential safety hazards, prepares reports on conditions, and takes action to mitigate identified deficiencies.
- Conducts or ensures testing, inspection, and maintenance of safety equipment and systems.
- Develops and delivers safety training.
- Stays abreast of environmental, health, and safety regulations and practices and summarizes changes.
- Maintains required records and documentation.
- Assists in preparing for and responding to emergencies including hazardous materials incidents. Participates in emergency drills including fire drills.
- Individual may be on-call or emergency situations may require the individual to respond at times outside of set work schedule.
- This position is designated as essential. Personnel in designated essential positions are expected to report to work as required in the event of an emergency to sustain institutional services or protect assets.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.