Sanitation Attendant - Full Time/Part Time
Job Number: 1800001W
Category: Campus Services
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
We are looking for highly motivated employees to join our Nutrition Team!
The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast paced environment and stay motivated and quickly move from task to task.
Full Time and Part Time employees are benefits eligible!
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Sanitation experience in food service operation or equivalent sanitation experience is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a full background check and drug test. References will be required.
- Completes and maintains all job performance requirements and criteria as established in Career Ladder Program and position, time and duties.
- Maintains all standards as required in Disciplinary Points Section of Career Ladder Program.
- Delivers patient food carts to floors on service elevators and leaves in specified areas. Assists in picking up patient tray carts after meals and returns to cart room.
- Cleans and fills pot washer. Cleans and sanitizes all cooking utensils, pots and pans used in kitchen and retail operations. Returns items to their proper storage location.
- Sweeps and mops specified areas of kitchen and all of cafe. Moves all portable equipment to ensure proper cleaning.
- Collects, processes and properly disposes of trash and transports to disposal area. Follows proper procedures when using trash compactor and uses caution. Cleans and stores all trash cans.
- Cleans tray return room in cafe. Strips and delivers trays, china and flatware to kitchen for washing. Cleans and returns all restocked dish and tray lowerators to cafe in timely manner. Assists on patient trayline as needed.
- Performs all cleaning and restocking duties as specified in time and duties.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings. Attends meetings as required.
- Alerts supervisor of any issues with equipment. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Monitors and documents equipment temperatures according to established procedures as outlined in time and duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.