Senior Administrative Assistant II - PD-Med Peds
Job Number: 99269
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 423013 - PD-Med Peds
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduate and four (4) years related work experience are required.
This is a Lead Admin role for the combined division of Medicine/Pediatrics. This division is housed in the Department of Pediatrics but will be working closely with the Internal Medicine Department, as well. This role is the only administrative support staff in the division, and to be successful, a highly qualified candidate will be a self-starter, resourceful, and able to work well independently. This individual will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support for the Division Chief and six other faculty physicians. An ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and extremely organized, demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, possess the ability to think critically with a proactive approach toward problem solving and project management, and operate with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, with a customer service focus.
May perform some or all of the following:
- Provides moderately complex administrative skills for a department.
- Prepares, maintains and posts records, reports and budget information.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of charts, graphs, and administrative, fiscal, personnel, and/or statistical reports.
- Selects office vendors and monitors purchasing processes.
- May assist with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants and fill in for the office receptionist as needed.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Composes and processes repetitive and non-repetitive documents in accordance to established procedures.
- Organizes office procedures to ensure effective operation.
- Acts as department liaison with other departments and agencies.
- Processes all personnel and purchasing transactions following institutional policies and procedures.
- Determines work priorities and monitors progress toward work deadlines.
- Ensures document retention processes are followed using established guidelines.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.