Senior Administrative Assistant II - Surgery Chairman's Office
Job Number: 1900002J
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 238502 - Srgry Chrmns Ofc
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
May perform some or all of the following:
- Provides moderately complex administrative skills for a department.
- Prepares, maintains and posts records, reports and budget information.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of charts, graphs, and administrative, fiscal, personnel, and/or statistical reports.
- Selects office vendors and monitors purchasing processes.
- May assist with overflow work from administrative and executive assistants and fill in for the office receptionist as needed.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Composes and processes repetitive and non-repetitive documents in accordance to established procedures.
- Organizes office procedures to ensure effective operation.
- Acts as department liaison with other departments and agencies.
- Processes all personnel and purchasing transactions following institutional policies and procedures.
- Determines work priorities and monitors progress toward work deadlines.
- Ensures document retention processes are followed using established guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provide administrative support for Surgery's two Executive Vice Chairs, including complex scheduling, heavy travel and clinical coordination. Manages departmental programs and ensures timely and efficient operations by developing timelines and budgets. Coordinates meetings and conferences.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.