Senior Administrative Assistant - IM-Nephrology
Job Number: 100525
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 415030 - IM-Nephrology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and three (3) years related secretarial/administrative experience. Testing may be required.
This position will Provide administrative support to Nephrology research faculty and eight nephrology labs. This includes scheduling appointments/meetings, travel arrangements, Payment Requests, IDR's, Requisitions, Buy Card purchases, purchase orders, expense reimbursements, maintaining order logs managing subledger balances as well as any other needed administrative duties. Responsible for gathering credentialing information and preparing documents and creating/recreating figures and slides for various progress reports and grand rounds presentations.
- Relieves supervisor of variety of administrative duties, which involve thorough understanding of functions, programs, and policies of organization; may coordinate day to day operations of office; makes recommendations for changes to procedures.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of grant applications, grant budgets, manuscripts, book chapters, etc.; ensures proper format, grammar, and completeness.
- Functions as liaison with other departments, including Human Resources, Telecommunications, Physical Plant, Purchasing, and Accounting; prepares on line and paper documents as needed.
- Completes and coordinates complex projects and reports as assigned by supervisor, which may require significant contact with other departments and outside organizations and use of various computer software applications.
- Composes and/or types letters, memorandums, and other non routine and moderately complex correspondence, which does not require attention of supervisor.
- Maintains sub-ledgers and ledgers for various accounts, including reviewing expenditures and encumbrances, reconciling accounts, and ensuring appropriate use of funds.
- Plans and coordinates projects, such as meetings, appointments, conferences, seminars, and workshops; arranges for meeting facilities, hotel accommodation, transportation, refreshments, luncheons, banquets, receptions, etc.; develops and arranges printing of brochures; handles finances for program, including determination of charge to sponsoring department; establishes registration fees; processes all vouchers relating to event.
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes for meetings.
- May transcribe dictation of medical or scientific terminology; ensures correct format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.