Senior Administrative Assistant - Nursing Excellence
Job Number: 89734
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844005 - Nursing Excellence
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Three (3) to five (5) years or combination of education and skills and basic writing ability and accurate spelling required. College degree preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Provides responsive & helpful demeanor to all. Answers phone professionally. Handles payroll for designated areas under managers supervision. Reconciles invoices, tracks departments annual training, licensure & certifications. Facilitates activities to assist with office needs. Provides back-up as necessary for other staff in office. Provides atmosphere of teamwork with positive attitude in office. Communicates appropriately with clients & staff. Handles multiple tasks. Solves problems, notifies manager when needed. Takes on new projects. Supplies management. Handles check requests, purchase orders, tracking & data entry. Enters & maintains statistical data as requested. Attends required meetings & performs necessary tasks related to meetings.
- Provides responsive and helpful demeanor to staff, physicians, patients and public in person or via telephone. Answers telephone by the fourth ring and identifies self when answering the telephone.
- Handles payroll for designated areas under managers supervision.
- Reconciles agency invoices, tracks agency use, and summarizes in bi-weekly financial report.
- Tracks departments mandatory annual training, licensure, and certifications.
- Facilitates necessary activities to assist with staffing office needs. Provides back-up as necessary for other staff in office. Utilizes downtime to assist others.
- Provides atmosphere of teamwork with positive attitude in staffing office.
- Communicates appropriately with clients and staff. Relays information to appropriate personnel. Gives staff status reports on pending items. Alerts manager if clients or staff seem, or is unhappy and you have not resolved the issue.
- Handles multiple tasks. Solves problems, notifies manager when needed. Takes on new projects.
- Supplies management. Handles check requests, purchase orders and tracking of these.
- Performs data entry. Enters and maintains statistical data as requested.
- Works with other areas of hospital and campus. Coordinates support for staffing needs or nursing administration. Attends required meetings and performs necessary tasks related to meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.