Senior Administrative Assistant - OCR-CUH
Job Number: 93044
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 222003 - OCR-CUH
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED and three (3) years related secretarial/administrative experience. Testing may be required.
Provides responsive and helpful demeanor to staff, physicians, and public in person or via telephone. Answers telephone by the second ring and identifies self when answering the telephone. Facilitates necessary activities to assist with office needs. Provides back-up as necessary for other staff in office. Utilizes downtime to assist others. Provides atmosphere of teamwork with positive attitude in staffing office. Communicates appropriately with clients and staff. Relays information to appropriate personnel. Gives staff status reports on pending items. Handles multiple tasks. Solves problems, notifies manager when needed. Takes on new projects. Handles check requests, purchase orders and tracking of these. Performs data entry. Enters and maintains statistical data as requested. Works with other areas of University and campus. Attends required meetings, takes minutes, and performs other tasks related to meetings. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Relieves supervisor of variety of administrative duties, which involve thorough understanding of functions, programs, and policies of organization; may coordinate day to day operations of office; makes recommendations for changes to procedures.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of grant applications, grant budgets, manuscripts, book chapters, etc.; ensures proper format, grammar, and completeness.
- Functions as liaison with other departments, including Human Resources, Telecommunications, Physical Plant, Purchasing, and Accounting; prepares on line and paper documents as needed.
- Completes and coordinates complex projects and reports as assigned by supervisor, which may require significant contact with other departments and outside organizations and use of various computer software applications.
- Composes and/or types letters, memorandums, and other non routine and moderately complex correspondence, which does not require attention of supervisor.
- Maintains sub-ledgers and ledgers for various accounts, including reviewing expenditures and encumbrances, reconciling accounts, and ensuring appropriate use of funds.
- Plans and coordinates projects, such as meetings, appointments, conferences, seminars, and workshops; arranges for meeting facilities, hotel accommodation, transportation, refreshments, luncheons, banquets, receptions, etc.; develops and arranges printing of brochures; handles finances for program, including determination of charge to sponsoring department; establishes registration fees; processes all vouchers relating to event.
- Takes, transcribes, and distributes minutes for meetings.
- May transcribe dictation of medical or scientific terminology; ensures correct format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.