Senior Director Constituent and External Relations
Job Number: 93156
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 152003 - Constituent %26 Ext Relations
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
The Senior Director of Constituent and External Relations will be responsible for providing direction, management, planning, and strategy for UT Southwesterns Development Communications, Special Events, and Stewardship and External Relations programs within the Office of Development and Alumni Relations. The Senior Director will lead a dynamic team that is focused on enhancing outreach programming designed to showcase UTSWs talent and quality and convey messages of its mission and successes to new audiences; creating and executing a strategic and multi-dimensional development communications plan designed to convey the impact of philanthropy on UTSW programs and opportunities for future support; and creating new and innovative donor stewardship and recognition activities to deepen institutional engagement with donors.
Experience and Education
Bachelors degree with a minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated successful experience in donor relations and communications, as well as the execution of planning of donor and community engagement events. Experience working in an academic medical center, health care, or higher education is preferred.
Excellent leadership, management, and team building experience and skills.
Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and computer skills.
This professional will thrive in a complex, matrixed environment. A positive attitude and energy, outstanding writing ability, and a strategic mind are essential characteristics for this position.
- Direct and manage the Development Communications, Special Events, and Stewardship and External Relations teams and activities.
- In consultation with key stakeholders, develop, direct, and implement integrated development communications, special events, and donor relations strategies centered on the engagement of donors, board members, friends, alumni, and prospective supporters.
- Strengthen relationships with donors, board members, alumni, and community leaders through clear and consistent messaging through all communication channels and through personalized stewardship programming in partnership with the Senior Director of Engagement and Participation; Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs; and campus partners. Together with the Senior Director of Engagement and Participation, direct timing and frequency of messaging to alumni and donors.
- Serves as key liaison and advisor to Administrative Leadership.
- Takes initiative and ensures the Office of Development and Alumni Relations stays abreast of new and emerging development communication strategies, special event programming and formats, donor relations practices, and marketing trends in both traditional and non-traditional platforms.
- Works closely and collaboratively across Institutional Advancement to ensure development strategies and programs are designed to enhance the Medical Centers brand, image, and reputation in areas identified as strategically important to UTSW and its future.
- Develops overall vision and strategy for all Institutional Advancement and Presidents Office events to ensure high-quality, engaging programming and flawlessly executed logistics.
- Ensures strategic communications and donor relations initiatives are timely, error-free, and of high-quality, in accordance with UTSWs brand and visual identity standards.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring an annual operating budget.
- Hire, train, develop, and manage staff. Plan, assign, and oversee the work of staff to ensure that objectives are met.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Work requires good organizational skills.
- Work requires excellent written communications skills.
Work is performed primarily in office area.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimum require prior approval of Vice President for Human Resources Administration or his/her designee.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.