Senior Elevator Maintenance Mechanic
Job Number: 86068
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 526012 - Elevator Shop
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
- Graduation from high school or vocational school and
- Six (6) years experience in maintenance, inspection, and repair of elevators.
- CET Certificate and/or IUEC Mechanic Card preferred.
- Makes periodic elevator inspections to ensure safe and efficient operations as scheduled by preventive maintenance computer print-out.
- Cleans, lubricates and adjusts relays, controls, door operators and elevator pits as needed.
- Inspects hoist and governor cables for wear. Maintains control rooms, equipment, car frames, and safety devices in good working condition.
- Answers trouble calls and makes all necessary repairs.
- Orders tools, parts, and equipment required for maintenance and repair of elevators. Prepares list of spare parts needed to be kept in inventory.
- Reviews and recommends plans and specifications for new elevators.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.