Senior HR Business Partner
Job Number: 90081
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 513003 - Employee Relations
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Under minimal supervision, provides advanced level strategic consultation, guidance and direction to assigned customer group. Partners with Senior leadership and managers to achieve strategic priorities and initiatives. Handles high volume, complex customer issues.
Experience and Education
Bachelors degree in human resources, business administration, or any other related field and 8 years progressively responsible Human Resources experience, including a minimum of 3 years prior HRBP experience. Prior experience working with Executive/Senior level leadership required. Prior experience in healthcare and/or academia preferred. Prior supervisory and hospital experience is highly preferred.
- Serving as the HR lead develops HR agenda that supports the overall priorities/initiatives of assigned customer group.
- Provides strategic guidance and consultant in the areas of organizational effectiveness and employee engagement, working with leaders to build strategies to address gaps.
- Plays a strategic role in managing the design and/or implementation of key projects and programs for assigned group, actively participating in project teams, and implementing initiatives while ensuring proper communication and collaboration with business departments and others.
- Collaborates with others to ensure timely and effective delivery of human resource services, priorities and initiatives.
- Serves as liaison between client groups and Human Resource Centers of Expertise (COE) in the areas of, but not limited to, compensation, talent acquisition, performance management, leave administration, benefits, employee relations, organizational/employee development and engagement. Coaching and advising as appropriate.
- Collaborates with and seeks out expert advice from the appropriate Human Resource COE to ensure adherence to established UT Southwestern and Board of Regents policies and/or procedures. Also, ensures compliance with State and Federal laws.
- Develops, metrics, and dashboards to provide customers with information that support business priorities. Analyzes complex data to monitor current trends, making appropriate recommendations.
- Partners with customer groups to align their strategies, structure and people with the needs of the department/institution.
- Provides direction and proactive advice to business units in the area of process improvement and policy interpretation.
- Assists customers in the development and maintenance of business plans to ensure appropriate core human resources services are being provided to clients. Assist with staff forecasting.
- May provide supervision and train staff members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work requires written and verbal communication skills
- Work requires ability to project management, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Work requires ability to utilize computer and spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Work requires telephone and personal contact with all levels of internal and external personnel and organizations to resolve complex, non-routine problems related to Human Resources.
- Work requires reading, writing, simple arithmetic, analyzing data, writing reports, interpreting policies and procedures, and organizing people and resources to meet goals.
- Work requires ability to develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures relating to Human Resources.
Work is performed primarily in general office area.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimum require prior approval of Vice President for Human Resources or his/her designee.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.