Senior Research RN - Neonatal & Perinatal
Job Number: 79325
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 423014 - PD-Neonatal %26 Perinatal
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Due to patient population, it is highly desired for the ideal candidate to be fluent in Spanish (Please indicate this on your application/resume).
Experience and Education
- Associate's degree in nursing.
- Four (4) years clinical nursing required. One (1) year research nursing experience preferred.
- Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) are required.
- Due to patient population, it is highly desired for the ideal candidate to be fluent in Spanish. (Please indicate this on your application/resume)
- Performs advanced research nursing care, nursing assessment, and data collection for clinical research.
- Obtains informed consent from patients.
- Maintains patient census records.
- Coordinates clinical research data, such as: medical histories, data collection of patients' charts for restrospective review studies, patient physiologic performance results and laboratory determinations, calculations of derived information, and maintenance of general research protocols and complex inpatient protocols.
- Develops procedures for inpatient and outpatient activities.
- Trains other research nurses in specialized skills and knowledge necessary to perform variety basic and complex research data collection and nursing care; provides in-service education to staff members.
- Provides working supervision to nursing staff and/or other non- licensed medical or office support personnel.
- Assists in resolving problems relating to patient care.
- Assists in organizing and preparing collected data for subsequent publication.
- Attends and participates in meetings relating to clinic activities.
- May maintain inventory of investigational drugs.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records. Performs other duties as assigned.
Plan, coordinate and supervise assigned research projects, which may be limited as segment of larger project, exercise responsibility for project performance and accountability for progress; perform advanced scientific and medical research work, suggest modifications or improvements in design of research projects, present original ideas for follow-up studies, and recommend utilization of new or revised techniques and procedures to obtain desired results; construct, assemble, and operate experimental or other special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment; assist in design of studies, coordinate meetings with different collaborators including occasional meetings in absence of PI, assemble IRB proposal and maintain regulatory requirements for the study, take informed consent for studies, participate in screening and enrollment, collect data and samples in timely fashion and analyze data with assistance from PI; assist in preparation of research material for reports for publication
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.