Senior Research RN - Nephrology
Job Number: 369825
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 415030 - IM-Nephrology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
The position for a research nurse is necessary as the activities will include administration of study medications, and evaluating health status of study participants outside the scope of non RN study coordinators. The research nurse will be responsible for supporting multiple clinical studies. The duties will include assisting in development and submission of IRB protocols, participant recruitment, informed consent, monitoring health status at study visit, performing study procedures such as phlebotomy, obtaining and assessing blood pressure measurements, data collection and documentation of study procedures and activities, preparation of annual reports for the O'Brien center clinical and translational core, meeting with study sponsors and study monitors.
Experience and Education
- Performs advanced research nursing care, nursing assessment, and data collection for clinical research.
- Obtains informed consent from patients.
- Maintains patient census records.
- Coordinates clinical research data, such as: medical histories, data collection of patients' charts for restrospective review studies, patient physiologic performance results and laboratory determinations, calculations of derived information, and maintenance of general research protocols and complex inpatient protocols.
- Develops procedures for inpatient and outpatient activities.
- Trains other research nurses in specialized skills and knowledge necessary to perform variety basic and complex research data collection and nursing care; provides in-service education to staff members.
- Provides working supervision to nursing staff and/or other non- licensed medical or office support personnel.
- Assists in resolving problems relating to patient care.
- Assists in organizing and preparing collected data for subsequent publication.
- Attends and participates in meetings relating to clinic activities.
- May maintain inventory of investigational drugs.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.