Social Worker (LCSW ) - Palliative Care - Full Time
Job Number: 95300
Category: Allied Health
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844519 - Care Coordination
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Serves as a liaison for transitional care planning between patient, caregivers and palliative care/clinical care teams.
- Assists clients to navigate healthcare systems; identifies and links clients with resources.
- Attends administrative and clinical meetings relevant to operations of palliative care program.
- Distributes relevant information to departmental staff.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, care planning and ethics consultations. Works with the multidisciplinary team to identify and develop disposition plans.
- Responsible for independent psychosocial assessment and direct clinical counseling.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples and families.
- Provides grief, loss and bereavement support to patient and families.
- Provides psychosocial education to patients and family caregivers about coping strategies, hospice and palliative care philosophy and non-pharmacological symptom management strategies.
- Utilizes crisis intervention and problem solving skills to facilitate and enhance patient/family's ability to meet acute and ongoing medical and psychosocial needs.
- Advocates on behalf of the patient and family.
- Facilitates advance care planning.
- Maintains effective documentation of social work activities.
- Facilitates and/or supports existing psychoeducation support groups.
- Provides in-services or education workshops to other service providers and/or organizations to promote the palliative care philosophy and program.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.