Software Systems Specialist I - IR Sys & Ops Admin
Job Number: 376115
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 520000 - IR Sys & Ops Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Assists in analysis of operating systems problems defined by Software Systems Specialist of higher grade and programs and implements approved solutions to problems.
- Assists in design of test jobs and files; performs programming and testing.
- Develops efficient programming techniques in machine language for system routines.
- Performs documentation and maintains system data sets and catalogs.
- Performs program design, generation, testing, and maintenance of specific components of overall system.
- Generates proprietary program products from distribution tapes, using assembles, linkage editor, and file copy utility programs.
- Analyzes memory dumps when system failures occur and recommends corrective procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position will be responsible for a variety of critical processes, procedures and tasks related to monitoring and managing the various components within the Data Hall/Operations Center environment. This includes oversight of the Data Hall infrastructure systems, as well as the managed department equipment located on the raised floor environments. Coordinating communications and responses with other IR teams to issues that may arise during the duty shift are additional key activities of this position.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.