Software Systems Specialist II - BT-Biomedical Informatics
Job Number: 65220
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 354002 - DS-Biomedical Informatics
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Participates in analysis of software system problems of moderate complexity and formulates and implements solutions to such problems.
- Performs programming, testing, and documentation.
- Recommends development of system routines needed for efficient use of computer system resources; designs approved routines; oversees implementation.
- May specialize in specific area of system software, such as telecommunications or information systems with responsibility for implementation and maintenance.
- Periodically participates in planning of enhancements and modifications to software; identifies impact of such changes.
- Trains Software Systems Specialists I as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong programming skills
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, SASS, and other web interface technologies
- Source code management, Continuous Integration and Delivery GIT, Docker etc.
- Linux, shell scripting, Python
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Education: BS in Computer Science, Math, or other related subject or equivalent qualification
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.