Software Systems Specialist II - IR-AAIR Operations
Job Number: 101010
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 522005 - IR-AAIR Operations
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Participates in analysis of software system problems of moderate complexity and formulates and implements solutions to such problems.
- Performs programming, testing, and documentation.
- Recommends development of system routines needed for efficient use of computer system resources; designs approved routines; oversees implementation.
- May specialize in specific area of system software, such as telecommunications or information systems with responsibility for implementation and maintenance.
- Periodically participates in planning of enhancements and modifications to software; identifies impact of such changes.
- Trains Software Systems Specialists I as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidate will be responsible for the IT and AV needs of new UT Southwestern Simulation Center, dedicated to training students, trainees, and physicians.
- This space includes six inpatient simulation rooms, 20 standardized patient rooms, five high fidelity suites and multi-purpose skill labs, along with virtual reality and robotic suites.
- Position requires a strong skillset in both IT and AV technologies to include Windows, Mac, Crestron, general AV (cameras, projectors, speakers, Mic, etc), 3D printers, Newline Monitors, and Breeze video players.
- Experience supporting SIM IQ, EMS viewer, or similar software a plus.
- Candidate will be a liaison between the various support groups on campus (Desktop, AV, Network, SysOps, etc) and ensure that the needs of the SimLab are met.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.