Software Systems Specialist II - IR Hlth Ancillary Imaging
Job Number: 97371
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 518004 - IR Hlth Ancillary Imaging
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Participates in analysis of software system problems of moderate complexity and formulates and implements solutions to such problems.
- Performs programming, testing, and documentation.
- Recommends development of system routines needed for efficient use of computer system resources; designs approved routines; oversees implementation.
- May specialize in specific area of system software, such as telecommunications or information systems with responsibility for implementation and maintenance.
- Periodically participates in planning of enhancements and modifications to software; identifies impact of such changes.
- Trains Software Systems Specialists I as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Collects and interprets specifications required to develop new, and revise existing, software applications supporting Epic Radiant, Epic Cupid, and PowerScribe.
- Assists managers with development and implementation of operational plans for new and existing business computer applications, including preparation of user specifications.
- Coordinates testing of new applications and changes to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of system users.
- Compiles complete, concise, and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating Information Resources issues to applicable management staff.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.