Sourcing Specialist -Purchasing Dept.
Job Number: 88028
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 510004 - Purchasing
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in science, healthcare, or business related field and a minimum of two (2) years experience in contract administration, purchasing, sourcing.
- Healthcare & Hospital based purchasing related experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word at an intermediate level.
- Strong knowledge in the review and understanding of legal contracts, terms, and conditions.
- Must have one of the following certifications: Certified Texas Purchasing Manager or Certified Texas Contract Developer within six months of hire by internal scheduling.
- PMP Certification & Healthcare related experience preferred.
- Will consider additional years experience in lieu of degree.
- IT and Clinical Sourcing experience preferred.
- Facilitates the sourcing and contracting of products, equipment, and services for UT Southwestern in collaboration with end-users, Group Purchasing Organizations, and Contracts Management in alliance with contract compliance and expense reduction initiatives.
- Coordinates with end-users in preparation of RFX and provides direction on recommended sourcing approaches based on Contract hierarchy and federal and state regulations.
- Implement a value-based selection process and positions the Purchasing department as a trusted advisor.
- Coordinates contracts review and execution while managing vendor quarterly business reviews as required.
- Reviews contracts to ensure that terms are in accordance with UT Southwestern policies and procedures.
- Review transactional data to identify opportunities resulting from improved pricing and verify expected outcomes after implementation.
- Monitors contractors compliance in accordance with contractual requirements to include insurance and HUB requirements.
- Effective management of scouring timeline to reduce RFX lifecycle and portfolios while ensuring that all contract documents are readily accessible.
- Export, Filter, Categorize and Interpret volumes of data to identify opportunities resulting from data selections and recommend sourcing opportunities.
- Compile information and respond to internal and external audit requests.
- Responsible for ongoing vendor relationship and contract management.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.