Sr. Proposal Analyst - Sponsored Programs
Job Number: 99645
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 509000 - Sponsored Programs
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Bachelors degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and four (4) years of experience in business, finance, or public administration with emphasis on customer service. Advanced degree, and/or Certified Research Administrator (CRA) designation preferred.
- Has responsibilities performing tasks at the advanced level for the pre-award services within Sponsored Programs Administration.
- Provides funding opportunity information to potential applicants at the university. Provides guidance to researchers for proposal development and submission by interpreting and ensuring adherence to sponsor and university guidelines. May provide backup assistance to Research Award Accountants in setup of awards. Provides award lifecycle support to researchers by interpreting award conditions, obtaining approvals, and preparing award changes, no-cost extensions, progress reports, and non-financial obligations.
- Independently reviews and approves complex proposals.
- Monitors status of pending proposals and updates eGrants and Departmental staff where applicable.
- Fully understands the award lifecycle and provides support to all areas within Sponsored Programs.
- Familiarity with broad knowledge of the entire award lifecycle. Provides assistance gathering information needed to answer pre-award inquiries. Supports ServiceNow issues by routing, working and closing service tickets.
- Completes forms in PeopleSoft or eGrants to assist both pre- and post-award functions.
- Assists providing transactional documentation for program reports or as needed for institutional audits.
- May be included in rotation schedule for Office Hours for Campus research support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT
Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Other responsibilities and duties:
Work among the Proposal team and help departments with their funding proposals and submissions. Work with the PIs to successfully submit research proposals and are the subject matter experts with eGrants and the required compliance areas related to the awards which included IACUC, IRB, COI as well as reviewing the formatting of submissions to assure they don't bounce back due to formatting issues.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.