Research Associate, Senior - Children's Research Institute
Job Number: 529270
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 231700 - Childrens Research Institute
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and five (5) years laboratory experience, including at least two (2) years at level of Research Associate or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and six (6) years laboratory experience, including at least two (2) years at level of Research Associate or equivalent.
- Organizes laboratory to which assigned; determines work assignments of subordinates, advising them as to techniques, procedures, and equipment to be utilized in solution of work problems; and reviews completed work for professional quality and attainment of desired results.
- Compiles and evaluates research data; develops new or revised techniques and procedures based upon such data.
- Performs or supervises design, development, or adaptation of equipment or apparatus used in research experiments to obtain desired results.
- Compiles and analyzes results of research assignments, and submits to principal investigator.
- Instructs medical students, graduate students, residents, and other laboratory personnel of lower grade with respect to techniques, procedures, and equipment utilized in research or experiments.
- Confers with industrial, governmental, or other professional groups with respect to progress or results of research assignment.
- Assists principal investigator and other professional personnel in preparation of reports and papers for publication, usually exercising responsibility for writing of particular segment or phase of report or paper.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TheChildren’s Research Institute (CRI) at UT Southwestern has an excitingopportunity for a Senior Research Associate (SRA) to lead the Mouse GenomeEngineering Core. The Core is directed by Dr. Hao Zhu, Investigator andAssistant Professor. We are seeking a highly skilled scientist who has expertisein the creation of transgenic mouse models using traditional and Crispr/Cas9tools. Microinjection skills are a must. The SRA will be primarily responsiblefor design, execution, and project management of transgenic mouse creation.Experience, motivation and technical expertise is required. This would be anideal position for someone with technical and experimental skills who isinterested in managing a transgenic mouse core.
- Manage and monitor the core’s mouse colony.
- Perform microinjection of RNA and DNA into mouse zygotes.
- Perform ESC microinjection into murine blastocysts.
- Keep a projection information updated in a database.
- Communicate and liaison with clients on individual projects.
- Assure effective operation of equipment and availability of required supplies and maintain compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
Bachelor's or advanced degree (BS, MS, MD, or PhD) with majorcoursework in field of assignment and 2 or more years of experience
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.