Job Number: 1900000H
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 230100 - Ofc of Medical Education
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Schedule: Per Diem - PRN
This position requires accurate portrayal of specific behaviors, emotions, and symptoms of disease as a real patient while interacting with health care student in a simulated patient encounter. Mandatory training is provided for portrayal, the assessment of health care student behaviors, physical exam skills, and written and/or verbal communications. The simulated encounters can be with an individual health care students and/or student groups.
This position also involves observing and proctoring for clinical, simulation or computer examinations.
Assist in the quality assurance check of videos and evaluations of all examination data.
Assist in training standardized patients to accurately portray diagnostic case and to accurately evaluate the learner in the Objective Structured Clinical Evaluation.
Work hours are on an on-call basis, as needed. Hours will include weekday evenings and weekends.
Works under supervision of Manager.
- Interacts with staff, faculty and other standardized patients.
- Maintains confidentially of all information in relation to cases, student behaviors or feedback evaluations.
- Provides constructive verbal and written feedback within a structured format.
- Observes details during simulated encounter and the ability to recall all details after the encounter.
- Accurately and consistently completes checklists during assessment of health care students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Not applicable
No experience required.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.