Standardized Patient Trainer
Job Number: 1900000I
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 230100 - Ofc of Medical Education
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Schedule: Per Diem - PRN
- High School diploma with 4 years of standardized patient, professional training, or customer service experience
Works under minimal supervision to assist in design, administration, and reporting of results of clinical assessments for measuring clinical competence of medical students, residents, and other health professional in training.
- Identifies and recruits appropriate individuals to serve as standardized patients for OSCEs and use in providing basic clinical skills training.
- Trains individuals to serve as standardized patients in evaluation and teaching situations.
- Administers clinical assessment examinations and procedures.
- Analyzes clinical assessments and reports results.
- May provide working supervision to standardized patients and clerical personnel by planning, coordinating, assigning, and reviewing work.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks as needed, necessary to the daily function of the office.
- Continue to perform as Standardized Patient during the year.
- Train Standardized Patients in portrayal of case, physical exams, and standardization.
- Train Standardized Patients to effectively evaluate the performance of the students in simulation.
- Observe live interactions of Standardized Patients for quality assurance and standardization.
- Review all Standardized Patient evaluations for all OSCEs for quality assurance.
- Review all Standardized Patient comments for constructive feedback.
- Train Standardized Patients on effective written and verbal feedback.
- Assist in administration and quality assurance of all OSCE events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.