Storeroom Clerk - Nutrition/Inventory Clerk - Full Time
Job Number: 1800001X
Category: Campus Services
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
We are looking for highly motivated employees to join our Nutrition Inventory Team!
The ideal candidate should be able to work in a fast paced environment, stay motivated and quickly move from task to task. This position will work in the hospitals nutrition storage rooms to maintain safe food storage environment and PAR levels.
Must be available to work any shift, mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to successfully pass a full background check and drug test. References will be required.
Experience and Education
- On-the-job training.
- Stockroom experience in a food service operation or equivalent experience preferred.
- High School or equivalent education required.
- Current Texas Drivers License (TDL)
- Requires moderate physical effort; must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Work in an environment with varying noise level, variation of temperatures and have exposure to a variety of kitchen equipment and tools.
- Includes being able to use hand jacks, pallet jacks and dollies to move product.
- Involves lifting items/stock from floor and to be able to place stock on shelving including above shoulder level.
1. Completes and maintains all job performance requirements and standards as established by department specific procedures.
2. Assists in Ordering all foods, paper products, chemicals and all other associated items in accordance with all menus, recipes, caterings, events and projects. Inventories all areas on weekly basis.
3. Supports teamwork and cooperation with co-workers in daily activities; presents constructive feedback regarding system failures and participates in resolution.
4. Interacts positively and courteously with all customers (patients, visitors, vendors and co-workers in other departments) through direct interaction, telephone conversations or written materials.
5. Puts away and receive deliveries. Delivers Floor Stock both in the hospitals and off site. Maintains storage sanitation including coolers, freezers and dry storage areas. Labels, dates and rotates all products. Follows all HACCP procedures regarding food storage.
6. Follows procedures for sanitation of work area and equipment during food production. Cleans and sanitizes work area and equipment at end of shift. Detects and reports spoiled or unattractive food or defective supplies or unusual conditions.
7. Consistently completes responsibilities and assignments in a timely manner; successfully meets goals established in previous performance appraisal.
8. Drives Dept. Vehicle to delivery product to satellite units/retail in a timely, accurate and safe manner. Includes vehicle checks and fueling the dept. vehicles.
9. Maintain established department goal for Press Ganey of 95. n n10. Maintain a minimum score of 90 on Health Inspectionsn n11. Maintain a minimum score of 90 on quarterly Gold Check
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.