Superintendent of Maintenance
Job Number: 353709
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 523000 - Hospital Facilities Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- High school graduation or vocational school, and
- Seven years' experience in 2 trades to include maintenance, repair of office, laboratory, and classroom buildings, including two years supervisory experience.
- Associate's degree or higher preferred, but not required.
- Perform or supervise work necessary to maintain mechanical, electrical, plumbing, roofing, and carpentry, including repair of interior fixtures, furnishings, and equipment.
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate preventive maintenance schedules for facilities maintenance equipment, determining cost effective repair or replacement when necessary.
- Assist in determining work projects to be contracted and prepare bid specifications for approval while meeting with staff and contractors to identify and resolve problems; monitor work flow, products, methods and procedures.
- Trains workers in methods, procedures, and use of equipment, and work aids, such as drawings, hand tools, and test equipment.
- Reviews and approves or disapproves requests and specifications for purchase of tools, parts, and equipment, such as water pumps, air compressors, filters, etc. that involve expenditure of significantly large amounts of money.
- Complete necessary administrative reports and records to ensure job requests, repairs, and maintenance work is adequately received, recorded, prioritized, and completed in a timely manner.
- Select, train, motivate, evaluate and advise all assigned personnel about the University's rules and policies on employee conduct; work with employees to correct deficiencies; recommend disciplinary actions, complete employee evaluations.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review work plans for assigned facility including work performed by contractors; meet with staff and contractors to identify and resolve problems; monitor work flow, products, methods, and procedures.
- Develop or recommend plans, specifications, and cost estimates for building maintenance, repair alteration, and construction activities.
- Participate in the coordination of emergency operations, building security and procedures.
- Recommend, implement and develop facility maintenance policies and procedures that adhere to Federal, State, and local building safety regulations that ensure a uniform, safe and industry-accepted standard for maintenance performance and operation of assigned facilities; maintain SDS sheets and other information; coordinate with OSHA on formal inspections of the facility, and maintain TJC-The Joint Commission requirements.
- Develop specifications for services and equipment to be purchased for maintenance operations (as directed); ensure compliance with appropriate department and UT Southwestern purchasing procedures and guidelines; gather information, make cost and quality comparisons, and ensure appropriate decisions based on evaluation of relevant information.
- Responds to customer concerns and resolve facility related issues in a timely & professional manner. Be knowledgeable of the campus/hospital activities at all times in order to schedule equipment and utility outages with minimal impact on students, researchers, and facilities.
- Responsible for quality assurance and ensuring appropriate standards for all work performed by internal staff as well as contracted vendors is in compliance with department, UT Southwestern, and industry standards. Perform inspections of work performed to ensure compliance.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.