Supervisor Flow Cytometry
Job Number: 67132
Category: Allied Health
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 867975 - HL - Lab OH - Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT
Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Job Code/Job Title
U 5550-Flow Cytometry Supervisor
Shift: Mon-Fri, 1st Shift
Experience and Education
Required Experience and Education
- At least 5 years working in a clinical flow cytometry laboratory
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified as MT (ASCP) or Flow Cytometry Specialist (ASCP or ISAC)
- Experience in supervising high-complexity flow cytometry testing in a CAP accredited laboratory
- Proficient in test system validation and writing technical policies and procedures
- Experience as a general supervisor under Clinical Laboratory Improvement
- Experience with test development BD Flow Cytometer 10 color Instruments
- Experienced in Panel Analysis with Cytopaint and/or Infinicyt Software
The specialist will work closely with the hematopathologists to perform and oversee the following:
Daily technical flow cytometric operations and assay development:
- Manages and directs operations of flow cytometry lab through appropriate delegation, technical skills training and work supervision. Supervises and assign workload. Oversee the work of laboratory team performing routine testing, including planned laboratory work, evaluating performance and handling procedural or technical programs that may occur.
- Specimen processing, staining and reagents
- Flow cytometry hardware/instruments
- Daily operation and laboratory quality management
- Resolving technical/instrumental issues including QC and color compensation
- Analytic Flow cytometric analysis (i.e., leukemia, lymphoma, plasma cell neoplasms and immunodeficiency)
- Generate preliminary reports.
- Assist in training flow cytometry technologists in analysis procedures
- New flow cytometric assay development. Evaluation of new test systems, performing method validation/verification studies, and implementing new equipment, programs and/or procedures.
- Writing technical policy and assay procedures in accordance with required regulatory, departmental, and institutional standards
- Re-evaluating methodology and making recommended changes.
- Maintaining a continuing laboratory quality improvement/education program at institutional, local and national/international level
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.