Supervisor Grants & Contract Specialist - Pathology
Job Number: 100206
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 422005 - PA-Investigative Pathology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Experience and Education
Bachelor degree in business administration, public administration, or related field and five (5) years experience in business or public administration to include two (2) years in a lead or senior role with emphasis on customer service in financial or contracting position required. Experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
- Provide administrative support to researchers by negotiating and processing confidentiality agreements, clinical trial agreements, and amendments/addenda.
- Handles ongoing grants management issues on items such as: obtaining required reports, interpreting award conditions, and acquiring approvals for various changes in awards or handle ongoing trial agreement management issues such as: negotiating the terms of the contract to the mutual satisfaction and requirements of the institution and the funding source, obtaining appropriate application materials, verifying budgetary requirements, and acquiring approvals at all levels.
- Provide guidance and assistance to researchers for contract/proposal development and submission by reading and interpreting sponsor guidelines for application preparation and content. Reviews and checks application materials for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to sponsor and/or institutional guidelines. Process and mail agreements/proposals in timely manner to obtain appropriate signatures.
- Manage workload priorities; assign and delegate responsibilities to contracts specialists. Serve as first point of contact for inquires from researchers, coordinators, financial analysts and other University and hospital staff. May review work in Director's /Supervisor's absence.
- Monitor workflow of office and ensure compliance with policies and procedures of university and department. Develop standard operating procedures to streamline workflow.
- Handle post-contract execution inquiries regarding payment of invoices, payment schedule, and other contract terms. Verify and approve check acknowledgement letters of receipt of contract funds. Serve as liaison between researchers and sponsors over funding issues.
- Assists Director and Assistant Director in development, implementation, and recommendation of department policies and procedures.
- Provides funding opportunity information to potential applicants by reading newsletters and announcements. Searches potential sponsor and/or grant websites to identify and match sponsor(s) with researcher. Sends application materials and information to researcher.
- Assists Director with Electronic Research Administration. Assists Director in preparation of UT Southwestern Research Administration News.
- Works with Director/Associate Dean for Research on special projects and reports.
- Make presentations to faculty/staff and outside groups on behalf of Office of Grants Management/Clinical Trials Office regarding grants/contracts management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.