Supervisor Imaging Services
Job Number: 375817
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 867254 - Amb-Imaging Support
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Shift: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Experience and Education
2. II. General Job Responsibilities: Demonstrates conscious effort to be good stewards of hospital resources to ensure facility financial goals are met.n-Responds to inquiries/calls regarding procedures in a timely manner. Communicates problems and follow up with equipment. Participates in learning with new employees and students. Assists with scheduling and coordinating exams as appropriate to ensure smooth work flow. Attends departmental and facility meetings/classes (minimum 90% attendance). Performs pertinent duties in the best interest of patients, personnel and the facility as assigned. Participates in all regulatory compliance activities. Will systematically review QC studies to pinpoint areas that need improvement techs with regards to varying levels of scanning based on a number of factors, including years worked, education, and adaptability.
3. Patient Interaction: Verifies the patients identification using the forms of ID as outlined in the hospital policies. Communicates with patients clearly and in a professional manner. Ensures proper patient preparation, verifies screening protocols, and answers questions. Evaluates patients history and symptoms for the procedures clinical criteria. Assist patient in dressing for exam and attends to patients physical well-being while transporting to and from exam room and table, and positioning for exam. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patients family (as appropriate) regarding the tests to be performed and assesses the patients ability to tolerate exam. Completes exam charges and image documentation and forwards to radiologist in a timely manner. Administers intravenous injections of contrast material as appropriate, observes patients for adverse reactions.
4. Quality Assurance: Assists the physicians/committees/staff with building and maintaining protocols and insuring recorded outputs (radiation doses, etc.) per state/federal regulations. Assist with modality accreditation by working with management as needed. Functions as liaison between regulatory inspectors and management during annual inspections. Investigates and addresses radiation doses utilizing dose recording software provides feedback to physicists for expedited resolutions/responses regarding event reports. Performs quality control on assigned equipment and reports issues timely. Monitors and ensures QC/QA compliance with all relevant laws, state and federal regulations, licensing and accreditation requirements, hospital and departmental standards for safety, infection control and equipment performance.
5. Other administrative and technical duties: Assists in the orientation and training of new staff.n-Leads the work of technologists ensuring that procedures are performed according to protocol standards. Ensures compliance with accreditation standards. Works with clinical staff to assemble and validate all accreditation materials for submission to ACR or other accrediting bodies. Acts as a technical resource and leader during surveys and/or inspections.
5. Job Performance May Include: Monitors and trains students in all areas of current competencies. Assists in the orientation and training of new staff. Leads the work of technologists ensuring that procedures are performed according to standards. Works with manager/director on staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage. Participates in the modality specific QA/QC program and ensures compliance with regulations. Participates in various accreditation processes as directed.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.