Supervisor of Materials Management - Materials Management Operation
Job Number: 101148
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 510003 - Materials Management Operation
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Responsible to effective supervise of staff assigned to the Materials Management performing receiving and distribution of materials and equipment, staging incoming and out going supplies and equipment, stock put-away and rotation, replenishment, order filling and delivery to user departments throughout the UTSWMC. Monitors receipt and inspection of incoming shipments against bills of lading and purchase orders.
- Effectively supervises the activities and workload of staff members to achieve daily objectives. Prepares staffing schedules and participates in employee performance evaluations and disciplinary actions when required. Provides job-specific training, conducts staff meetings and in-services, and evaluates staff competencies. Ensures prompt delivery of merchandise to on and off-campus departments.
- Ensures compliance with capital and non-capital equipment receiving, tagging, and distribution policies and procedures. Coordinates safe and timely inter-campus transport of facility assets as needed.
- Oversees accurate data entry of documents for use by Accounting and Purchasing Departments.
- Ensures accurate and timely replenishment processes and works effectively with UTSWMC to address supply requirements.
- Ensures drivers comply with inter-campus delivery schedules and distribution staff provide timely and accurate intrafacility receipt distribution and collect required proof-of-delivery information.
- Oversees maintenance of complete and accurate files of receiving reports, freight bills, package slips, rejection reports, etc.
- Enforces good housekeeping practices daily to eliminate congestion, clutter, and safety hazards and maintains a neat and orderly appearance of the dock, receiving, and staging areas. The area should be clear of clutter including cardboard, pallets, and rubbish.
- Provides necessary training and development of staff performing supply chain functions within Materials Management. Mentors, and creates Individual Development Plans for all staff members.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.