Supervisor-Patient Financial Services
Job Number: 366163
Location: 8200 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, TX
Department: 844110 - Patient Financial Services
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
2. Seven years or more hospital/medical office experience with 2 years supervisory/leadership experience.
3. Knowledge of health care revenue cycle, versed in manage care contract interpretation. Effective oral and written skills. Evaluating and document employee performance. Advanced knowledge of A/R and managed care payer contracts. Advanced knowledge of healthcare A/R, collections, insurance, pre-authorizations, pre-registration, registration, financial counseling, and appeals - Advanced understanding of Compliance Guidelines. Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement methodologies - Advanced knowledge of the hospital based operations related to the revenue cycle including Health Information Management, Patient Access, Clinical Quality/case Management, Management Information Systems, Accounting and Finance - Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
2. Ability to prioritize work demands to meet or exceed financial goals and objectives of the department. This includes monitoring quality and quantity of work, performing Quality Reviews (QA's).
3. Demonstrate ability to hire and lead a cohesive team to optimal results. This includes the the ability to mentor, postively motivate, teach and instruct in a manner that others can comprehend and retain information
4. Provides feedback and training to the staff in an effort to continue success by evaluating and documenting employee performance and providing counseling corrective action, and training when needed, as well as recognizing satisfactory and superior performance.
5. Provides input to identify quality and process improvement opportunities with the hospital Revenue Cycle. Utilizes system tools and department resources to achieve production and quality targets for resolution of patient accounts.
6. Works effectively within the department and with peers in the organization professionally to identify payer contracting/reimbursement issues. Assist in performing analysis to determine root causes (payer or hospital), for payment variance issues and resolution.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.