Supervisor Technical Support - IR-Client Services
Job Number: 378347
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 522006 - IR-Client Services
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Performs and supervises routine and complex preventive maintenance, testing, and repair with respect to computer hardware and software problems, networking, audiovisual, and/or telecommunications.
- Provides direct supervision to technical support specialists, computer trainers, and help desk reprensentatives; trains new employees; handles day-to-day and complex questions from direct reports.
- Resolves complex systems or computer related problems, including coordination beween users and components of local area network.
- Installs software, audiovisual, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals as directed or requested by users.
- Prepares recommendations for modifications or additions to personal computer systems, hardware components, and software applications; researches costs, market options, and trends available to meet user needs; keeps abreast of new and modifies hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots routine and complex technical problems and supports university Help Desk as required.
- Functions as liaison between Information Resources and designated departments for ongoing and special projects, including ensuring users are adequately supported, developing documentation, recommending improvements, implementing new releases and features, and attending committee meetings.
- Evaluates and resolves system configuration and ensures effective use of hardware resources.
- Creates, maintains, and submits various reports, such as equipment failure reports, repair records, and data sheets relative to each user request need.
- Designs web page text and visual content, navigational links, and page layout; consults with users to determine web needs and recommends solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Day to day management of Information Resources Service Desk. Manages team, schedules, new hire and ongoing training, knowledge base. Consults with partners across IR as well as Parkland, Children's, and THR to ensure the IT support needs of faculty and staff are met
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.