Surgery Scheduler - Surgery - GI Clinic Kronos
Job Number: 529202
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 238564 - GI Cln Kronos
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Schedules patient surgical procedures at various entities (University Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers) in accordance with established protocols; acquires the appropriate information and orders from the surgeon.
- Provides pre-certification of all procedures to ensure coverage and proper billing procedures;and/or may obtain insurance pre- certification from the referring physician's office and contacts insurance carriers for confirmation;advises clinic and/or patient on co-payment or co-insurance responsibility.
- May be responsible for accurately entering scheduling, insurance and registration information into the appropriate system(s).
- Maintains and monitors surgical block time to keep utilization at a high standard; advises surgeon of unused time and releases the unused time to prevent loss of department's surgical block time.
- Request and secure tissue from Tissue Bank/Transplant Services working with Faculty and OR to ensure delivery of the requested tissue at the time of surgery to avoid delay or cancellation of surgery.
- Requests and/or obtains the ordered materials and/or equipment needed for surgery and confirms with the surgeon before surgery in order to avoid delay or cancellation of surgery.
- May research claims on payment denials from third party carriers for pre-certified procedures.
- Acts as liaison with other departmental staff when needed for the coordination of multiple and/or special procedures.
- Adheres to patient privacy act HIPAA and confidentiality policy at all times.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.