Job Number: 86207
Location: 8200 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, TX
Department: 713008 - MG Rev Cyc-Med Follow-Up
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Provides orientation and training for new hires on insurance follow-up work flow processes, system functions, and activities required to perform job.
- Participates in development and maintenance of departmental work flows to ensure compliance of billing regulations and payer policy changes.
- Receives, researches, and resolves billing discrepancies from insurance carriers, and MSRDP representatives.
- Assist in the identification of claim form issues and elevate to supervisor for further research and resolution.
- Functions as liaison between Provider Relations and MSRDP to resolve provider NPI/TPI external edit conditions.
- Complete special projects which require defining problems, determining work sequence, summarizing findings and making recommendations.
- Provides feedback to MSRDP Supervisors regarding training experience along with additional opportunities for continued growth and improvement.
- Resolves complex claim denials elevated from Medical Collectors II and/or III by contacting insurance companies, places of employment, federal and state agencies, or patients.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.