Technical Denials Management Specialist II-Revenuce Cycle Medical Follow-Up
Job Number: 370201
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 713008 - MG Rev Cyc-Med Follow-Up
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
High School Diploma and two (2) years experience in medical claims recovery and/or collections rules and regulations required.
1. Contacting payers, via website, phone and/or correspondence, regarding reimbursement of unpaid accounts over thirty (30) days or more, also researching and following up on denials and requests for additional information.
2. Interpret Managed Care contracts and/or Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations to ensure proper reimbursement/collection.
3. Make necessary adjustments as required by plan reimbursement.
4. Performs payment validation by utilizing internal and/or external resources to ensure proper reimbursement.
5. Reviews, research and appeal partially denied claims for reconsideration.
6. Responsible for contacting patients to gain additional information required to resolve an outstanding insurance balance.
7. Functions as resource person for departmental personnel to answer questions and assists with problem resolution.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.