Technical Support Specialist I - IR Client Services
Job Number: 347640
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 516000 - IR Client Services
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
If area of employment requires use of a University-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Drivers License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance, testing, and repair with respect to computer hardware and software problems, networking, and/or telecommunications.
- Diagnoses and repairs routine computer related problems and/or refers complex problems to Technical Support Specialist II or III or another technical professional.
- Installs software, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals as directed or requested by users.
- Assists in making recommendations for modifications or additions to personal computer systems, hardware components, and software applications; assists in identifying associated costs.
- Troubleshoots routine technical problems and supports university Help Desk as required.
- Assists in design of web page text and visual content, navigational links, and page layout.
- Consults with users to determine web needs and recommends solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be able to work independently, have good judgement, and EXCELLENT customer service skills.
- UT Southwestern is a 24x7 healthcare environment and candidate must be willing to work outside of normal business hours.
- Job is mainly M-F but will be required to work weekends and nights on occasion.