Technical Support Specialist II -
Job Number: 377698
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 353016 - CB-Lab Nicastro
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
If area of employment requires use of a University-owned vehicle, employee will be required to possess a valid Texas Drivers License, pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check, and complete drivers training (or van training, if applicable), in accordance with UTS Policy 157, appendix B.
- Performs routine and complex preventive maintenance, testing, and repairs with respect to computer hardware and software problems, networking, and/or telecommunications.
- Diagnoses and repairs routine and complex computer related problems and/or refers complex problems to Technical Support Specialist III or other technical professional.
- Installs software, personal computers, printers, and other peripherals as directed or requested by users.
- Prepares recommendations for modifications or additions to personal computer systems, hardware components, and software applications; researches costs, market options, and trends available to meet user needs; keeps abreast of new and modifies hardware and software.
- Troubleshoots routine technical problems and supports university Help Desk as required.
- Functions as liaison between Information Resources and designated departments for ongoing and special projects, including ensuring users are adequately supported, developing documentation, recommending improvements, implementing new releases and features, and attending committee meetings.
- Maintains and submits various reports, such as equipment failures, repair records, and data sheets relative to each user request need.
- Designs web page text and visual content, navigational links, and page layout.
- Consults with users to determine web needs and recommends solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A full-time IT staff position is immediately avail in the Cryo-Electron Microscopy Facility at UTSW Medical Center of Dallas. Assisting the facility manager with all computer-related tasks and daily operation of the Cryo-EM Facility, including but not limited to: (i) Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting computer network, hardware and software. (ii) Setup and troubleshoot image processing software on electron microscopes and GPUs. (iii) Help maintain the facility webpage, online sign-up charge recovery system, and other minor administrative tasks. (iv) Interact closely with the facility manager, facility staff, BioHPC staff, UTSW facilities, and with equipment service engineers. (v) Assist users with technical matters, including data transfer issues, and alerting the facility manager about major technical problems. (vi) Professionally interact with UTSW faculty and staff, and participate occasionally in community and scholastic outreach.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.