Telephonic Triage RN - Multidisciplinary Surgery Clinic
Job Number: 367047
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 429003 - SY-Clinic Multi-Disciplinary
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Provide telephone patient support in MDSC for bariatric, endocrine, general and colorectal. Follow clinic specific protocols, professional judgement and assessment skills to identify the nature and urgency of patient needs to determine the appropriate disposition. Provide patient education and advice to improve continuity of care. Refill medications per clinic specific protocols.
Experience and Education
- Utilizes strong listening skill to be able to interpret subtle indications of the patient's complaint so that they can form a thorough assessment of the patient's problem without the ability to visually observe or assess.
- Follows clinic specific protocols and/or professional judgment and assessment skills to identify the nature and urgency of patient needs to determine the appropriate disposition.
- Provides patient education and advice to improve continuity of care, avoid unnecessary visits to the emergency room and reduce risks from medical complications.
- Collects sufficient data related to the presenting problem and medical history and recognizes and mates symptom patterns to those in clinic protocols to be able to provide safe, timely disposition of health-related problems.
- Refills medications per clinic specific protocols.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.