Job Number: 365713
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 869723 - Transport
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Follows all department and hospital policies and procedures and to promote patient care.
- Transports patients in safe and timely manner on campus of St. Paul.
- Follows proper procedure for basic handling of catheters, tubes, equipment, monitors and oxygen.
- Greets and introduces self to patients and provides patient and/or staff with instructions or information.
- Assists technologists in coordinating scheduling of inpatients.
- Prepares and completes daily work logs on accurate and timely basis.
- Keeps all transport equipment clean and utilizes downtime to check and clean equipment.
- Participates in teaching of patients and families. Provides appropriate information regarding transport. Maintains skills and training as necessary to provide required service.
- Recognizes emergency situations, records unusual conditions, and initiates code procedures when necessary.
- Protects patient records and charts to maintain confidentiality.
- Searches for and returns wheelchairs to their central location on daily basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.