Utilities Station Operator -CDAS
Job Number: 333267
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 401816 - Utility Oprtns CDAS Cntrls
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Graduation from high school, vocational school, or GED and
- Three (3) years experience in operation and maintenance of controls, air handlers, steam and chilled water air conditioning, and pumps.
- Previous Building Automation or Energy Management System experience required.
- Operates the Central Data Acquisition System, which consists of Energy Management Software from multiple Building Automation Systems. Monitors the utility alarms on campus and analyzes alarm conditions to determine course of action. Assists in remote trouble -shooting of equipment failures.
- Using the EMS, operators remotely monitor and control the campus air handlers, exhaust fans, chillers, boilers, pumps, space temperatures, humidity, etc. Monitors critical customer equipment and freezers.
- Dispatch appropriate shop personnel via radio or pager to respond to alarms that cannot be controlled by CDAS.
- CDAS is the campus and University Hospitals call center after normal business hours. Operators will assist callers with a variety of customer requests.
- Record all alarm events and customer calls into the Customer Request Log for work order assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.