NursingEvery day at UT Southwestern Medical Center, more than 1,600 of the best nurses in the United States come together to practice at the very highest levels in a comprehensive range of acclaimed specialty services.
As the region’s only full-service academic medical center and an internationally renowned center for medical research and education, with a faculty boasting 6 Nobel Prize winners,
we’re dedicated to setting a national standard for innovative and sophisticated care, whether we’re dealing with the most complex challenges or the everyday clinical needs of patients and families across North Texas.Together, we’re building the future of medicine right here in Dallas — and we are proud to offer exceptional nurses an extraordinary opportunity to play a defining role.
Our Nursing CultureAs an acclaimed Magnet® - recognized hospital, we’re committed to setting the highest standard of nursing care through the strategic use of UT Southwestern’s extensive resources and the ongoing development of innovative programs in clinical practice, research and education.
This philosophy mirrors our collaborative team approach. By actively partnering with physicians and nursing colleagues, we leverage our individual strengths to set a higher collective standard for clinical practice — all in an environment built on trust, mutual respect, and a commitment to open and honest communication across every level of the organization
These ideas help fuel our culture of leadership, and define the exceptional professional experience we offer to every member of our nursing team:
• A dynamic organizational culture driven by innovation and great care
• Exhilarating opportunities for learning and professional growth
• World-class benefits — including a generous pension program
• Beautiful, state-of-the-art facilities
• A profound commitment to excellence in nursing, as recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) through their Magnet Recognition Program®• A shared governance model that gives clinical nurses a voice in determining nursing practice, standards, and quality of care
Goal #1Cultivate Transformational Leadership and collaborative governance in educating nursing leaders of the future.
Goal #2Guide Professional Nursing Practice by embracing innovative technology to enhance quality, patient safety and service.
Goal #3Create healthy
At UT Southwestern Medical Center, our nurses are committed to these values:Innovation • Compassion • Accountability • Respect • Excellence